VSA Trainer, Graeme Atkinson completed the first trial of the ICT Course at the YTIC centre on 23rd October 2018. The YTIC and its ICT course aims to provide a one stop shop to facilitate skills development training in the following areas of ICT skills for business and entrepreneurs such as:
• General IT literacy
• Use of business tools (specifically Microsoft Office)
• Web Site development and creation
• Coding skills; skills for website building, data management, “Internet Of Things”
• Hardware configuration, repair and much more
The expected outcomes for YTIC and its proposed programmes are:
▪ Confidence building and upskilling
With any new skills gained, the outcome will always be an improvement in confidence. Confidence that they can go on to use ICT systems. Confidence that they can progress and contribute.
Many will have ideas for their own businesses. Understanding ICT will improve the chance of these enterprises in being successful.
▪ Employment options
With ICT skills under their belt will improve the employability of youth.